Ok so for everybody that didn’t hear about the event in which Apple unveiled the new iPad 2!
Here it is:
1. Most of the revenue to Apple comes now from iOS devices.
2. 15 million iPads sold in 2010. That is more than any tablet PC’s.
3. As usual Apple – Steve Jobs, always comes out saying how great Apple is and how much their competitors suck.
4. The new ipad has camera. No shock here.
5. Facetime to the iPad. No shock here either.
6. Phil Schiller: “No one predicted this would be as successful as it’s been.”
7. Ipad is being used for a variety of things and in many industries including medicine (brain surgery), and others.
8. Dual core processors, Up to 2X faster CPU, 9X faster graphics, Same low power as a4 and first one to ship with a dual core.
9. Metallic back.
10. Read and Facing cameras.
11. 33% thinner to a 8.8 mm. Thinner than the iphone 4! It feels totally different. 1.5pounds to 1.3pounds. It feels lighter.
12. Available in white and black from day March 11th, 2011.
13. Available also from At&t and Verizon.
14. Same 10 hour battery life – dramatically thinner.
15. Prices: $499, $599 and $699 for wifi and $629, $729 and $829 for wiFi and 3G (prices are 16gb, 32gb and 64gb respectively). Same pricing options as before. 5 of this 6 models are less expensive than $799.
16. Available on March 11th, 2011 in the US -> March 23rd in the main 26 countries that Apple works.
17. THIS IS THE AWESOME PART: HDMI Video out that works with every app. You can use it while charging it. This output is in 1080p. Supports rotation. No setup or config. Only for $39.
18. The case is simply not my type of case, but it is a cool thing… either leather or polyurethane.
Ok now other software upgrades – 4.3:
1. Personal Hotspot for the iphone 4 – Share your 3g connection?
2. Photo Booth, of course, you can now use it to manipulate your photos and apply effects as usual.
3. iMovie – new in iOS4.3. You may share your movies directly to Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, CNNiReport or Itunes. Only for $4.99 Available on March 11th, 2011.
4. 65,000 apps available for the Ipad.
5. GarageBand – Guitar Amps and Effects, 8 Track recording and Mixing and over 250 loops. In this I like the drums – view.
Ok we are good with the iOS4.3 improvements and the good new apps.
So in a nutshell: Faster, lighter, thinner. Cameras and gyro. iOS 4.3 and FaceTime. iMovie and GaragrBand. 3G on AT&T and Verizon. Same battery life. Same prices. Black and white. Smart Covers.